Friday, August 1, 2008
We are Here!
So we made it to Kansas and we finished unpacking our last box last night. Manhattan Kansas is small but has a lot to do. There are a few parks close by, a little Mall, a Zoo (it has about 15 animals) bowling, and County fairs. If Kansas State was not here there would be no Manhattan. Manhattan is called the little apple (not to be confused with the big apple in New York). Since we got here everyone wants our money, the school our apartment, utilities companies, the police department (SBT parked in a no parking zone. He didn't see the sign) and the grocery store. Our student loans don't come in for a couple of weeks so we have to make it on what we have till then. We did meet some of SBT's professors and the department head of his College. They were really nice and willing to help with anything. The people here are great! Our ward is really friendly and small. They are very excited to have us because I think most people have a couple of callings in the ward. The Bishop told us he is going to put us to work so they are rushing our records over to the new ward. Princess asks about her friends and wants them to see her new house. If anyone is ever in Kansas please stop by. Princess said something funny yesterday. I was plucking my eyebrows and she told me, "Mommy don't do that to me it makes my eyeballs nervous". I miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is so great that you made it safe and sound. I'm glad that things are looking good with the school and your ward. Your family will be such a blessing to the ward, I'm sure.
Addisyn's comment makes me laugh!
Good luck!
Brian (he's the membership clerk) will try to get your records ready to be sent to your new ward probably this Sunday :) Make sure you have a flashlight, some snacks, and a portable radio in your bathroom (in case of tornadoes). Don't know how many tornadoes I've been through in my days! But those are life savers!
That is hilarious what Addisyn said. She is so stinkin cute. I miss her already!! Its great you'll both be getting put to work in the ward so quickly. I am amazed you have already unpacked EVERYTHING. You are amazing! (and thank goodness for moms!) I hope Scot's back is better. Love you!
So happy to hear you go there safely and are getting settled!
Congrats on getting settled! I hope you enjoy this new chapter!!
What a funny, funny girl! Good luck settling in. And extra good luck stretching the money! That is definitely no fun... why can't those student loans come before school?! *B
Hey, April! I tagged you on my blog--so get to it!
Post a Comment