Friday, August 22, 2008

Great Ward and Great Books

We have wireless internet through our complex and it hasn't been working or it gets so slow. I thought I would get on while it is working and write a little. SBT started the Masters program orientation on Monday. He thinks the program will be fun but a lot of work. School Really starts on Monday so that's is when is starts to get crazy. I got a calling in our new ward! They called me to be the Preparedness specialist. I was shocked that they wanted me to do that. I think it will be fun and a lot of work. This ward takes this calling very serious because of the tornadoes and ice storms they have. They want to do some kind of inter-faith preparedness fair so they want to get going on that. Our ward is great! We had a couple and their kids come over on Sunday and brought us some banana bread. They didn't know our phone number or our apartment number so they had to track down a bishopric member's number and got our info and then came over. Princess was so excited to have kids over at her house. We also got invited to a BBQ with a bunch of families. It has been so nice that people have been thinking of us. I want to add pictures of our apartment but our wireless is so slow that every time I try to add pictures it kicks me off.
For all of you who love the Twilight books, I read the last book!!! I loved it. I stayed up late at night and read all through nap time and got it done in two days!! I couldn't stop reading it. I told my Mother-in-law about the books and how much I loved them. She started reading them and read them so fast. She really liked them. If you haven't read the last book yet you really need to read it. I will not talk about just in case.

4 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

You get ice storms there too? I had those all the time growing up. My family would zip two sleeping bags and put them over our fridge to help keep it cold for the 2 weeks or whatever we were without power. Or you can always stick your milk outside and hope it doesn't freeze :) The best part though was that we wouldn't have school if we got even 1 inch of snow b/c they were all afraid of ice following :D

Whitney said...

That is great April! I'm so glad to hear from you. Sounds like you are doing well. I hope Scot loves his new program. I have the 4th book at the house but I'm still in the middle of the 3rd and can't seem to pick it up again. I don't know what happened I just got bored I guess. But I'm sure I'll go through it fast when I get started again. I miss you!

Kelly said...

Its so good to hear from you!! I think you will be a great preparedness specialist!! and now you will learn quickly about what to do in the case of a tornado or whatever b/c you'll have to! I remember you saying you were worried about all that stuff. That is so great that some kids came over for Addisyn. Gorden sure misses her a lot. I'm glad you like your ward so much!

Brittany H. said...

Glad you guys are doing great! Oh, yeah, the books were awesome. I'm almost done with The Host--I highly recommend it!