So I have decided to run a marathon! I have started my training and hope to be ready in April to run 26.2 miles. I am out to prove that a mother of two can run 26.2 miles and life to tell about it (at least I hope). Training hasn't been bad so far 3 miles on Monday and Tuesday and 4 miles on Wednesday and cross training today (something not running). I bring my little coaches with me when I run. I have a good little jogging stroller that has been a trooper. The kids do well on my runs they normally sing me a song or laugh at each other. Princess will look back at me while I am running and say,"Oh I thought you were walking" that just makes me want to run faster and work harder. She is just doing her job as coach.
Last Thursday Crazy man was running a high fever of 103.7 degrees and he wasn't acting himself so I took him into the doctor. I think our doctor was having a bad day because he wasn't as nice as the first time we saw him. Anyways he checked out Crazy man and said he couldn't find anything wrong with Crazy man and to wait till Monday and if he is still sick bring him back. I took him home and kept up on the Tylenol and Motrine every four hours and tried to keep him comfortable. He woke up that night at 11pm with a 105 degree fever and was shaking and started to throw up. He kept nothing down and looked pretty bad, so we got Princess up and went to the ER. They gave Crazy man medicine to stop him from throwing up and when that set in they gave him an IV because he was dehydrated. His fever was about 104 so they gave him more medicine to get it down. Poor kid got pricked and poked for about hour. We were in the ER from 11pm to 3am and they found out that Crazy man had a Viral infection and that he just had to wait it out. We went home and Crazy man didn't want to sleep by himself so I held him and tried to sleep. A couple days later he got a rash all over his body. Poor kid!! He is doing a lot better and is back to his old self again. We had to go back in for a follow up appointment and the doctor said he looks great. Hurray!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You poor guys! I hope things go better for Connor. Good luck with the marathon!
Poor Connor, what a sad week! My sister just finished a marathon as is also the mother of two---you can do it! I'll be cheering for you!
That is so funny that Addisyn will tell you you're going slow:) I know you enough to know what kind of motivation that is:) I think a marathon is awesome! How very ambitious of you.
I hope Connor is feeling better! (for your sake and his) That's awful. Poor little guy.
Good for you! You will do great at the marathon. You've practically been training all summer when you strolled ALL OVER Provo. Addisyn sounds like a great coach for you! She is so funny. Poor sweet Connor! I hope he gets better soon. Its good to hear from you!
Post a Comment