We took L into the doctor for just a well child check because he is a big 2 year old now. I told the doctor I was concerned about L's sleeping. He has not been sleeping through the night and when I rock him back to sleep he stops breathing (just a few seconds but feeling like forever). The doctor said he has sleep apnea and told us to take him to a ENT (ear, nose throat) doctor. We went yesterday and after 2 1/2 hour visit and a few tests they told us that L needs surgery. He needs to have his tonsils and adenoids out plus they are going to put tubes in his ears. We found out that L has never been able to breath right. He doesn't know what it is like to take a deep breath. Surgery will help him breath and will fix the sleep apnea. After surgery we will be in the hospital for a day or two so L can be looked after. T his is L's second surgery in his two years of life. I hope this is the last one! If you could pray for L that he may bounce back fast. Thanks!
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Little L
We took L into the doctor for just a well child check because he is a big 2 year old now. I told the doctor I was concerned about L's sleeping. He has not been sleeping through the night and when I rock him back to sleep he stops breathing (just a few seconds but feeling like forever). The doctor said he has sleep apnea and told us to take him to a ENT (ear, nose throat) doctor. We went yesterday and after 2 1/2 hour visit and a few tests they told us that L needs surgery. He needs to have his tonsils and adenoids out plus they are going to put tubes in his ears. We found out that L has never been able to breath right. He doesn't know what it is like to take a deep breath. Surgery will help him breath and will fix the sleep apnea. After surgery we will be in the hospital for a day or two so L can be looked after. T his is L's second surgery in his two years of life. I hope this is the last one! If you could pray for L that he may bounce back fast. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh April. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. What a blessing it is to live in a time when there is modern medicine that can improve and even save our kids' lives! Keep us updated on the surgery and we will keep Little L in our prayers for sure.
You're in our prayers sweet Talbert Family. We hope the surgery goes well and that it quickly solves the problem. We hope the updates are good and soon!
Emmeline has had 3 sets of tubes so far and her T&A out. she bounced right back. bouncing up and down in the hospital bed as soon as she woke up after surgery. i'm sure he'll do great!
Post a Comment