Sunday, February 24, 2008
Finger paint is so much fun!!
Both kids are sick with a cold so we haven't been out too much lately. On Friday we stayed inside all day. Poor Princess wants to play outside SO bad but the weather has been bad. Every time the sun comes out she asks me if we can go swimming yet. She is a lover of summer just like me. To keep Princess from going stir crazy from being inside so much I decided we would doing something she has never done before. We did finger paint. I found a recipe online for finger paint that will not stain and is easy to clean up so I was sold. I made the finger paint and she had a great time. She paint three big pictures and was so proud of herself. We hung them up in the door way so Scot could see them when he got home. She kept telling me "Daddy is going to love this". SBT made a big deal about her art work when he got home and that just made her day. SBT has been so busy with school lately we haven't seen much of him. He took the CLP (Certified Landscape Professional) test on Saturday and is taking the other half in March. So he has been really busy studying for that and all his other school work poor guy. He got an email about a week ago from his professors asking him if he would re-design the Landscape for the Chicago Temple for our church. It is a great opportunity and big honor to be asked and he is really excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow, that is awesome you guys! Way to go Scot!! Oh, and could you email me that finger paint recipe?! Thanks much. *B
Cute! Yeah I feel for Addisyn I have winter blues too! Its suppose to be 50 on Friday! I can't wait to go for a walk in the sun!
Oh wow that is amazing that Scot got asked to do that!!! What a great opportunity! So does that mean you have a trip to Chicago coming in the near future? =) I am getting excited for Spring so we can go on walks again. Finger painting sounds like a great alternative though! Where did you find the recipe?
Congrats for Scot!!! I didn't know that was what he was studying~~ you are going to have one sweet yard when you get your own home. Looks like Addisyn is going to be the next Picasso!
Caren
Wow! What an opportunity to design the temple landscape! I am sure he must be very talented for that request to be made! And great ideas for indoor activities for future reference. I am sure Addisyn's picture was a masterpiece!
Congrats, Scot! That's really neat. You sure are creative, April. I went to color with Dash the other day and realized that I only had a Cinderella coloring book from like 5 years ago (Kevin wasn't too excited about that). I need to get on the ball!
I love it I love it I love it! You guys are so great :) I would also like that finger paint recipe. braniffs@gmail.com. Did I mention that I am SO glad you have a blog. Because I SO am!
I changed my blog to sewmakeme.blogspot.com
just thought I'd let you know. I apologize if it screws up your link or google reader.
Whitney
Post a Comment